Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Helpful Suggestion ...

So every Tuesday and Wednesday my Friend SJS and I meet at Starbucks for a treat before class (although, now that it's warming up, we'll soon be switching to Robeks) but learned a little secret the other day ... I had NO idea there was a secret drink size that is not on their menu!!

I am not a huge coffee drinker, so I drink it as more of a little treat than a necessity for caffeine. Around the holidays my go-to is a peppermint mocha, so festive :) and jan/feb/march my go-to is a skim chai latte ... but those calories add up!!

The other day I went to Barnes and Noble and stocked up on new cookbooks .. this one I bought called Hungry Girl: Recipes, and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World by Lisa Lillian gave me this tip ....

Now when I go to Starbucks and get my skim chai latte I order it in size "short." It is smaller than the tall ... only 8 oz, but perfect for that mid afternoon sweet fix, minus the blasphemous calories!!

Thank you Hungry Girl!!

L&L

1 comment:

  1. I have been silently cursing you since you introduced me to said chai lattes, especially since there is a Starbucks next door to my apt and work and I have become an addict. At least you have redeemed yourself by sharing this most important suggestion which will surely help my waistline and wallet. Danke schön!

    ReplyDelete