Thursday, March 25, 2010

American Idol...

So, I have to fully admit that I haven't really been watching American Idol this season...yet...I enjoy the silly auditions .... but once they get to hollywood, the weeding down from however many to 12, I tend to not watch ... then I start tuning it at the top 12.

For the past few seasons of Idol, I've been meeting up with my best guy friends, MH, BP, & RDL on Tuesday and Wednesday nights to tune in, discuss and vote on our fave future American Idols! If one of us was unable to make it, we'd obviosly email our thoughts in a group email the following morning. We take our Idol VERY seriosly ... for the finale's we'd bbq and enjoy finding out our latest star over America's favorite meal .. burgers and dogs!!

Anyways, BP went off to grad school, MH got married and RDL moved to NYC, so waching idol alone doesn't offer up the same enthusiasm as it would if I were with the rest of the gang....I offered up the idea of all of us sitting watching on skype ... but that idea was quickly shot down ... so to say my heart really isnt into the competition this season is accurate.

I'm also not quite sure how I feel about Ellen Degeneris as a judge ... LOVE LOVE LOVE Ellen as a comedian and talk show host, but as an idol judge? not so sure...what does she know about music ... yes, she likes to dance...but does she know the ins and outs of what makes a good singer?? I guess I think they should have picked someone with a little more industry experience.

THIS ALL BEING SAID -- I tuned in for the first two singers on Tuesday night, Lee Dewayze, who I was very impressed by! I liked him!! but good lord, Paige Miles? What was that? how did she ever make it that far ... needlees to say I hear she was voted off last night....now, I didn't see any of the other singers, but if there was anyone worse than that I would imagine Simon would just quit right then and there...

America, you got this one right, see ya Paige....

L&L

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree with Deb and America on this one. Adios muchachos

    ReplyDelete