Thursday, April 29, 2010

Strangers Take Note...

My last blog post got me started thinking about other situations that boggle me ... the main one that comes to mind is that when I am in the back of a car, taxi, sitting at an airport gate waiting to board a flight, anywhere where I am reading something why must a stranger start talking to me. I feel that by reading, I am making it very clear that I do not want to talk to you, now when I answer with only one word then continue reading, that should be your second sign that I don't have any interest in this conversation.

If I don't know you, I do not care about your opinion on the weather, our delayed flight or the current state of our healthcare in the United States (unless, of course it agrees with mine).

I had the pleasure of riding in the back of a taxi en route home from the airport this past Monday. The most pleasant of drivers, asked me how my flight / trip was - I said my standard "wonderful" to both and he discontinued conversation only to ask me once if his erratic driving was messing up my feverish texting/emailing on my blackberry in the backseat. I love him!

L&L

2 comments:

  1. Then again, had you not had a talkative and persistant airport shuttle driver the previous week, you never would have met the talented Sir Charles Neville

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ESTEEMED Sir Charles .. sister, you are so right.

    ReplyDelete