Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dentist Talk ...

So this morning I found myself at my ritual six month dental appointment - as I am lying in the chair with my mouth filled with cotton in the midst of a teeth cleaning my dentist decides its the appropriate time to ask me not only how I am, but if I'm still single and how school is coming along. Minus the fact that I was TOTALLY impressed by her memory skills, I wondered why now? Why are you asking me these questions when there is no possible way that I can answer you in a way that you'll understand. It always boggles me! I did end up answering her in a muffled voice that I figured she wouldn't get, but lo and behold SHE DID! And she continued to talk to me! So, I continued to answer, it was a little bit awkward at first - then I just came to the realization that having been a dentist for so many years, they just become accustomed to muffled voices and gibberish talk and can decipher just about anything ....

OR that I...

A) was at an appointment at 10:30 in the morning so I'm probably still in school and not working yet...
B) still have no ring on my finger, so very clearly still single ..
and
C) look healthy .. so I must BE healthy ...

la dee da ... just another day ... oh, and no cavities!

L&L

No comments:

Post a Comment