Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dinner Party ... Gone All Wrong!

So, I decided to have some friends over for dinner last Friday night. I did the same before with a separate group back in January and my meal was, for lack of a better word, DELICIOUS! Rave reviews from my guests :)

This time, I decided to have a different group over, and in an effort to save some calories, I thought making a meal from my Cook Yourself Thin cookbook was the way to go!

Well, not so much. I think it was general lack of ability to follow the recipe mixed a little bit of I can't cook that made my meal not so good. I attempted creamed spinach, I did not realize that when you sautee spinach, it cooks down and basically is waaay less than you think, there was not enough for all my guests! (embarrassing) And everyone else had basically A leaf of spinach on their plate.

I burned the butternut squash fries, so those were a no go ... and the pork was all too bland. Everyone absolutely reached for the salt & pepper at the same time. Luckily there was no shortage of wine :)

Better luck next time, I guess! If they'll allow me to try again!!

L&L

1 comment:

  1. for what its worth I really liked the creamed spinach - I ate my leaf and then Sarah's

    ReplyDelete